Gifted to Influence – 2017 WLI National Conference – Milwaukee, WI
September 29 @ 4:30 pm - October 1 @ 1:00 pm CDT
Featuring Gloria Nelund, Gretchen Jameson and 20 engaging workshop sessions! Be encouraged, educated and equipped to use your gifts to serve Christ in a complex world.
- Plenary Speaker Gloria Nelund
- Bible Study Leader Gretchen Jameson
- Up to 5 Workshops of your choice
- Access to the WLI National Conference Exhibitor Hall
- Friday night Program & Dessert
- Saturday Lunch
- Saturday Dinner and Entertainment by Comedienne Leslie Norris Townsend
- Sunday Worship with Musician Wendysue Fluegge
The WLI 2017 National Conference is located inside the Hyatt Regency Milwaukee. For your convenience, we have secured a block rate for king and double queen rooms at the Hyatt Regency Milwaukee. Book your room(s) early to ensure you are included in this block rate. Rooms are $119.00 a night, $20.00 for each additional person per room. Included with reservation is one breakfast voucher for each paid guest to be used in the Bistro 333 in the lobby. Hotel guests will be responsible for parking fees. The cutoff date for reserving a block rate room is August 29, 2017.
Hyatt Regency Milwaukee
333 West Kilbourn Avenue
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA, 53203
Additionally, WLI and Concordia University Wisconsin are proud to present Pressure Points, a forum to discuss the challenges of Christian leadership in the secular workplace.
September 29 9:00am - 3:00pm
Hyatt Regency Milwaukee
$99 general public / $35 undergrads
Designed for both men and women Christian professionals and college students, the Pressure Points event will tackle four topics where workplace expectations and responsibilities can create pressure points. Four experienced speakers will share their personal journeys of being a Christian professional in corporate and public life and share tips for navigating the grey areas when Christian values and workplace expectations don’t always reconcile. Each topic will be followed by reflection time, interactive table discussions with like-minded professionals, and online discussion boards for further connection and engagement.
Participants will also receive lunch and refreshments and have to walk through our exhibitor tables and connect with other organizations that support Christian professionals in the workplace. This will be an event you do not want to miss! Click through to see the schedule, speaker bios and topic descriptions.
- Christian business leaders share how to lead and influence in the secular workplace
- 4 Ted Talk-style presentations with small and large group discussion
- Admission to the WLI National Conference Exhibitor Hall
- Buffet lunch and refreshments
Pressure Points & Gifted to Influence
Friday, Sept. 29, 9am - Sunday, Oct. 1, 12 noon
$224 general public / $85 undergrads
Combine Pressure Points with the Gifted to Influence 2017 National Conference for a full weekend of connections, encouragement, and practical tools and resources for Christ-centered service and leadership.
- Pressure Points Christian leadership forum all day Friday
- Gifted to Influence National Conference Friday afternoon through Sunday morning
- Meals, workshops, networking, social opportunities, and exhibits
- Attend both for a full weekend of connections, encouragement, and practical tools and resources for Christ-centered service and leadership!
Visit our DONATE page if you would like to support this conference planning through our Crowdrise fundraising campaign. The first $10,000 donated has been matched by the Siebert Lutheran Foundation.
Use #WLIgifted to share your excitement on social media!
Learn more about WLI and all we have to offer by exploring the EQUIP page of our website. Get inspired to lead by reading through the ENCOURAGE page, then visit one of our campus EVENTS near you. Stay connected by following us on FACEBOOK and TWITTER.