Location: Jackson, Wisconsin
Gretchen Huesmann calls Jackson, WI home where she lives with her husband, children and cat Oskar. Gretchen’s journey as a women’s Bible study leader/speaker began in 1992. Gretchen recalls, “After discussing the familiar Christmas story, one young woman remarked ‘Well? What did Joseph do!?’ She honestly had never heard of Joseph’s dilemma and was eager to know the rest of the story. And I was hooked as well!” Gretchen has led numerous Bible studies across the country at the various churches where her pastor-husband has served. Her formal speaking career was sparked by involvement in MOPS as a young mom of four. She led her first women’s retreat in the mountains of Idaho in 2003. More recently, Gretchen served as the key-note speaker at the Northern Illinois Pastor’s Wives Retreat in 2011. She continues to speak for various women’s events around the mid-west. Gretchen is an Early Childhood Education graduate of Concordia University, Chicago, which has led her into numerous teaching positions in five different states. Gretchen’s free-time activities depend solely on Wisconsin weather – walking and gardening in the summer, and reading and writing during the months of eternal winter.
- A Perfect Blend – What happens when God combines your personality and problems, mixes in your messes and mistakes, blends your bitter and sweet moments, and adds a heaping helping of the Holy Spirit? The result is a Royal recipe; a potion with a purpose. We will explore how God takes our imperfectlives and prepares a perfect blend, a drink offering to quench a thirsting world.
- Digging into the Bible – God’s Word for your Life – The relevancy, inerrancy, and authenticity of the Bible is being challenged more than ever. Whether the Bible is new for you or an old friend, this talk will give you a fresh look at the Holy Scriptures. You’ll discover answers to questions such as “Who wrote the Bible? How do I know it’s true? Is it relevant for today? Is it relevant for me?”
- Pray? Who Me? – Many books and Bible studies have been written on prayer. This topic is worthy of our time and energy, but many continue to be resistant and uncomfortable with this subject. Together, we’ll search Scripture on prayer methods and share tried and true techniques for teaching others to pray.
- Abide with Me – We’ll examine the Vine and branches of John 15. What does it mean to abide with Christ? The image of a cozy chair with Bible in one hand and our favorite coffee in another is a starting place. But dig a bit deeper and we find intimacy and fellowship with Christ we could never imagine!
- (For Ministry Wives) Loving in Faith – There’s no doubt ministry work is an extremely difficult calling. People change churches like they change shoes, searching for what’s comfortable. Gretchen has discovered there is no pain we experience in ministry that has not been endured by our loving Savior. She shares ways to support your pastor-husband and the key to loving the people you serve.
CONTACT GRETCHEN HUESMANN